You have a personal injury claim and are concerned about the likely settlement. While the law doesn’t make it mandatory to have an attorney, it could be the most crucial step for your case. You have to speak with one to learn more about how lawyers handle such claims. In this post, we are sharing ten reasons why you need to hire an injury lawyer.
- Lawyers know everything. An attorney specializing personal injury law will know everything about your case before they even start the investigation process. It is like having an expert on your side.
- Lawyers can offer free consultations, almost always. If you are worried about the cost of consulting an attorney, you would be elated to know that the first meeting or appointment doesn’t have to cost a penny.
- Lawyers are great at negotiations. Most personal injury claims are settled, which means that the parties negotiate and discuss the settlement. Attorneys are skilled at handling such situations better.
- Lawyers can deal with insurance adjusters. Insurance companies are not interested in paying you – period. To avoid insurance tactics, your best bet is to get a lawyer to deal with the claims process.
- Lawyers don’t charge an hourly rate. Almost all personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which is different from the standard hourly rate. The lawyer gets their fee only when you get money.
- Lawyers can save your time. If you have no experience in handling injury claims, an attorney can streamline the process and take care of the required formalities, which can help you save time.
- Lawyers can take care of the paperwork. People don’t understand the legalese of personal injury claims and end up signing documents for insurance adjusters that they don’t understand. An attorney can ensure all paperwork-related tasks are done right.
- Lawyers can offer objectivity. A good personal injury lawyer will never lie to you. They will do what it takes to explain your situation, including your rights, and will ensure that you don’t have false expectations.
- Lawyers can take the matter to trial. If your claim is denied or there is a need to file a lawsuit, your lawyer can fight it out in court. Expect your attorney to have an aggressive stance to get you a fair settlement.
- Lawyers can get you a higher settlement. While there is no guarantee on that, you can expect to get the best possible compensation by hiring a personal injury lawyer.
Call an attorney today.